5 foods that improve your looks
- Spinach. It contains carotenoids, which make the whites of your eyes whiter.
- Eggs. They're high in iron, which helps prevent hair loss.
- Bananas. Smoking and getting too much sun are two of the worst things you can do for your skin, because both of them make your skin less elastic . . . which makes you look older than you are. But the potassium in bananas does the opposite. And having enough of it in your diet can do more for your skin than a lot of lotions and anti-aging products.
- Beets. Beetroot contains something called betaine (BEE-tah-een), which helps your body break down fat. So eating beets can improve your looks by helping you lose weight.
- Guava. They're high in antioxidants, which counteract the free radicals in your body that cause skin damage. And they also have five times more vitamin C than an orange, which helps your body create collagen.